Mamata terms diesel price hike unfortunate, demands rollback
Mamata said that yet another anti-people decision has been taken by the UPA government.
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday termed as "unfortunate" and "anti-people" the hike in diesel price and demanded its immediate rollback in the interest of the common people. "Unfortunate, unfortunate, unfortunate. Yet another anti-people decision has been taken by the UPA government. Diesel prices have been deregulated suddenly. Immediately, there has been an increase of diesel prices by about 40-50 paise per litre, which will severely affect the common people and prices of essential commodities," she said in her Facebook post on Friday.
"I have also come to know that the decision has been conveyed through a 'secret' communication. What is 'secret' about price rise, which affects the common people? This is nothing but cheating. I have never heard a 'secret' price hike. It is never a man-like decision. It is an inhuman decision," Mamata claimed.
"It is too much... We strongly oppose this anti-people decision. We demand an immediate rollback of the price hike in the interest of the common people," she wrote. "Sad, bad, very sad, very bad, and very very what not! For bulk purchase, diesel has become costlier by Rs 11 from today. It is affecting State Transport Undertakings and creating an additional burden of Rs 40 crore upon them. The common people use public transport not only in the cities but also in the far-flung and remote areas, especially villages," she said.
Earlier addressing a rally at Haringhata in Nadia district on Friday, Mamata while criticising the diesel price hike described the UPA government as an 'exploiter' of the poor. "This government is an exploiter of the poor people. It is very distressing that prices of diesel have been further increased," Mamata said at a government programme in Haringhata. "After hike in rail fares and the price of petrol, the rise in diesel prices will add to the woes of the common man groaning under the impact of the price rise," she said.
- Don't put Indo-Pak in Same Group of International Tournaments: BCCI
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- US Now has Very Little Influence on Pakistanâs Nuclear Policy: Hoodbhoy
- Adnan Sami Responds After Being Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India