Mamata undergoes check-up at Belle Vue Clinic in Kolkata
Belle Vue Clinic sources, however, were tight-lipped about the chief minister's admission.
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was taken to a premier private clinic in Kolkata for a check up after she returned from Delhi on Wednesday. "She was taken to the clinic for a check up," a senior Trinamool Congress functionary told PTI here. Panchayat minister Subrata Mukherjee, who returned from Delhi along with Banerjee, told PTI that the chief minister was taken to the clinic, but did not know whether she was admitted.
Belle Vue Clinic sources were tight-lipped about the chief minister's admission. The chief minister cancelled a meeting with Union Finance minister P Chidambaram in Delhi and returned to Kolkata in the afternoon.
On Tuesday, SFI members had blocked the chief minister's passage and heckled finance minister Amit Mitra in front of Yojna Bhavan while they were going to attend a Planning Commission meeting.
The chief minister subsequently fell ill and was administered oxygen while Mitra was put under observation at AIIMS.
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Watch: The News That Wasn't With Cyrus Broacha
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- 'Let Loose the Yellow Butterflies', Say FARC Rebels Approving Peace Accord With Colombia