DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mamata will run West Bengal well, says Pranab
Pranab brushed aside the Marxists' allegations that the Railways were being inefficiently run.
Kolkata: Brushing aside allegations by the state's ruling Marxists that the railways were being run inefficiently by Mamata Banerjee, union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on Monday said she will run West Bengal well if the Trinamool Congress-Congress alliance is voted to power in the assembly elections.
"The railway ministry is running well under Mamata Banerjee. And if she becomes chief minister of the state, she will run the state well," Mukherjee said while interacting with mediapersons in Kolkata.
The state's ruling Left Front, led by the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPM), has repeatedly claimed that Banerjee had failed as a railway minister and that if the Trinamool Congress chief was elected to power in the upcoming state polls, West Bengal too will be governed the way railways was functioning.
The Marxists have also alleged that Banerjee had taken railways on the verge of bankruptcy.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835