Mamata will run West Bengal well, says Pranab
Pranab brushed aside the Marxists' allegations that the Railways were being inefficiently run.
Kolkata: Brushing aside allegations by the state's ruling Marxists that the railways were being run inefficiently by Mamata Banerjee, union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on Monday said she will run West Bengal well if the Trinamool Congress-Congress alliance is voted to power in the assembly elections.
"The railway ministry is running well under Mamata Banerjee. And if she becomes chief minister of the state, she will run the state well," Mukherjee said while interacting with mediapersons in Kolkata.
The state's ruling Left Front, led by the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPM), has repeatedly claimed that Banerjee had failed as a railway minister and that if the Trinamool Congress chief was elected to power in the upcoming state polls, West Bengal too will be governed the way railways was functioning.
The Marxists have also alleged that Banerjee had taken railways on the verge of bankruptcy.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Nokia 6, Nokia 5 Price and Specifications in Pictures
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands