Mamata woos YSR Congress, calls Jagan Reddy's mother to seek support for a federal front
YSR Congress Party Honorary President Vijayamma is positive towards the idea of the federal front.
Hyderabad: Trinamool Congress chief and West Bengal Chief Minister on Sunday called up YSR Congress Party Honorary President and mother of Jagan Mohan Reddy YS Vijayamma to seek support for a non-Congress, non-BJP federal front. Vijayamma is positive towards the idea of the federal front.
"The West Bengal Chief Minister talked to YS Vijayamma on Sunday over the phone and told her that the Lok Sabha elections are likely to be held much before May 2014 and said the possibility of like-minded parties coming together should be explored," YSRCP said in a release.
"She proposed that TMC, YSR Congress and other such parties can come together for the snap polls, which are likely to be held in November. Mamata Banerjee has asked YS Vijayamma to take the issue to YS Jaganmohan Reddy and obtain his opinion on the issue," the release said, adding that Vijayamma agreed to the proposal. Mamata enquired about the cases "foisted on Jagan Mohan Reddy" and recalled her association with late YS Rajasekhara Reddy, it said.
(With Additional Inputs From PTI)
- Watch: Ground Reports From India-Pakistan Border
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- Pakistan's Bermuda Triangle
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army
- ISL 2016 Kicks Off with a Star-Studded Opening Ceremony
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Watch: Masand's Verdict on MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput