Mamata woos YSR Congress, calls Jagan Reddy's mother to seek support for a federal front
YSR Congress Party Honorary President Vijayamma is positive towards the idea of the federal front.
Hyderabad: Trinamool Congress chief and West Bengal Chief Minister on Sunday called up YSR Congress Party Honorary President and mother of Jagan Mohan Reddy YS Vijayamma to seek support for a non-Congress, non-BJP federal front. Vijayamma is positive towards the idea of the federal front.
"The West Bengal Chief Minister talked to YS Vijayamma on Sunday over the phone and told her that the Lok Sabha elections are likely to be held much before May 2014 and said the possibility of like-minded parties coming together should be explored," YSRCP said in a release.
"She proposed that TMC, YSR Congress and other such parties can come together for the snap polls, which are likely to be held in November. Mamata Banerjee has asked YS Vijayamma to take the issue to YS Jaganmohan Reddy and obtain his opinion on the issue," the release said, adding that Vijayamma agreed to the proposal. Mamata enquired about the cases "foisted on Jagan Mohan Reddy" and recalled her association with late YS Rajasekhara Reddy, it said.
(With Additional Inputs From PTI)
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal
- No Mercy: Stage Set For Big Showdown Between Mulayam and Akhilesh Camps
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- CM's Prerogative, Says Congress on Sacking of 4 UP Ministers
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin