Man sends forged letter to Sibal in minister's name
An FIR in this regard was registered last week after a complaint filed by the Director of Vigilance Department in Commerce Ministry.
New Delhi: An unidentified person had sent a letter to Telecom and HRD Minister Kapil Sibal using a forged letter head of Commerce Minister Anand Sharma in March and efforts are on to trace him, police said on Monday.
An FIR in this regard was registered last week after a complaint filed by the Director of Vigilance Department in the Ministry of Commerce.
In the complaint, the senior official said an unknown person had sent a letter to Sibal using a letter head which said Sharma was a state foreign minister.
"The imposter has used a letter head mentioning Anand Sharma's designation as Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha) and State Foreign Minister, Government of India in a letter dated January 21, 2012, which re affirms its forged nature," the complaint said.
Sharma has been the Commerce Ministry since 2009, prior to which he was Minister of State for External Affairs.
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against UN-Designated Terrorist Outfits
- India vs New Zealand Live: Virat Kohli's India look to Wrap Series, Regain No.1 Spot
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
From Our Network
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18