Maneka Gandhi charged with violating poll code
She was issued a notice for wall writing at government offices.
Lucknow: After Varun Gandhi, it is now the turn of his mother Maneka Gandhi, who has been charged with violating the model code of conduct for the Lok Sabha elections.
"MP Maneka, who is the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) candidate for the Aonla seat in Uttar Pradesh has been issued a notice for wall writing at various public and private places, including government offices," sub-divisional magistrate (Sadar) in Badaun district SK Shrama told IANS.
Notices for similarly defacing public property have also been issued to Dharmendra Kashyap and Sarvaraj Singh, who are the Aonla candidates of the Samajwadi Party (SP) and the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) respectively.
A notice in the same case has also been issued to DP Yadav, the BSP's candidate from Badaun seat.
"We have already informed the State Election Commission (SEC) about the notices served to various candidates for defacing public and private properties," added Sharma.
Further action will be taken against the candidates, following directives from the state election commissioner, he said.
Varun Gandhi, the BJP candidate for Pilibhit in Uttar Pradesh, has been issued a poll panel notice for the alleged hate content of his speeches.
- Indus Waters Treaty: India to Use Water as Weapon to Fight Pakistan
- Indus Water Treaty: Blood and Water Cannot Flow Together, Says PM Modi
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ajit Doval, Jaishankar Attend Indus Waters Treaty Meet Chaired by PM Modi
- I Have Experience, Says Hillary Clinton on Trump's 'Presidential Look' Jibe at Her
- Pakistan Target Twenty20 Whitewash Over West Indies
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Petition to Declare Pak a Sponsor of Terrorism Crosses 1 Lakh Signatures