Maneka Gandhi charged with violating poll code
She was issued a notice for wall writing at government offices.
Lucknow: After Varun Gandhi, it is now the turn of his mother Maneka Gandhi, who has been charged with violating the model code of conduct for the Lok Sabha elections.
"MP Maneka, who is the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) candidate for the Aonla seat in Uttar Pradesh has been issued a notice for wall writing at various public and private places, including government offices," sub-divisional magistrate (Sadar) in Badaun district SK Shrama told IANS.
Notices for similarly defacing public property have also been issued to Dharmendra Kashyap and Sarvaraj Singh, who are the Aonla candidates of the Samajwadi Party (SP) and the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) respectively.
A notice in the same case has also been issued to DP Yadav, the BSP's candidate from Badaun seat.
"We have already informed the State Election Commission (SEC) about the notices served to various candidates for defacing public and private properties," added Sharma.
Further action will be taken against the candidates, following directives from the state election commissioner, he said.
Varun Gandhi, the BJP candidate for Pilibhit in Uttar Pradesh, has been issued a poll panel notice for the alleged hate content of his speeches.
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Tamil Nadu Government Constitutes Advisory Committee Under Disaster Management
- Stalin Gears Up to Step into Karunanidhi's Shoes
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day