Mani Shankar Aiyar calls Narendra Modi a scorpion
Aiyar also called the BJP the killer of Muslims and accused the party of trying to destroy India's unity.
New Delhi: The war of words between the Congress and the Bharatiya Janata Party hit a new low on Sunday as senior Congress leader Mani Shankar Aiyar referred to Narendra Modi as a scorpion and a snake after the Gujarat Chief Minister called equated the Congress party with termites. Aiyar also called the BJP the killer of Muslims and accused the party of trying to destroy India's unity.
Congress leader Rashid Alvi reminded BJP of Bangaru Laxman and Dilip Singh Judev's alleged corruption cases.
Union minister Rajiv Shukla also targeted Modi's statements and said, "The kind of language that Narendra Modi ji used today does not behove any leader of national stature. I think he is yet not capable of attaining the stature of a national leader. By spending crores belonging to Gujarat for self-propaganda, if someone thinks that he has become a national leader, then he is mistaken,"
Shukla added that now Modi is saying that Pranab Mukherjee should have become the prime minister but he supported Sangma during the presidential elections and not Mukherjee.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Oscars 2017: Mahershala Ali And Other Winners So Far
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone Turn The Heat Up At Pre-Oscar 2017 Party
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Lion Actor Sunny Pawar Makes His Big Academy Debut