Mani Shankar Aiyar calls Narendra Modi a scorpion
Aiyar also called the BJP the killer of Muslims and accused the party of trying to destroy India's unity.
New Delhi: The war of words between the Congress and the Bharatiya Janata Party hit a new low on Sunday as senior Congress leader Mani Shankar Aiyar referred to Narendra Modi as a scorpion and a snake after the Gujarat Chief Minister called equated the Congress party with termites. Aiyar also called the BJP the killer of Muslims and accused the party of trying to destroy India's unity.
Congress leader Rashid Alvi reminded BJP of Bangaru Laxman and Dilip Singh Judev's alleged corruption cases.
Union minister Rajiv Shukla also targeted Modi's statements and said, "The kind of language that Narendra Modi ji used today does not behove any leader of national stature. I think he is yet not capable of attaining the stature of a national leader. By spending crores belonging to Gujarat for self-propaganda, if someone thinks that he has become a national leader, then he is mistaken,"
Shukla added that now Modi is saying that Pranab Mukherjee should have become the prime minister but he supported Sangma during the presidential elections and not Mukherjee.
- Pakistani Artistes Not Terrorists, They Have Visas: Salman Khan
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- IMPPA Passes Resolution Temporarily Banning Pakistani Artistes In India
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- Sharif Chairs Cabinet Meet Day After Indian Strike on Terror Camps Across LoC
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Movie Review: Must Watch for its Brilliant Execution
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against Terrorist Outfits