PM takes oath as Rajya Sabha member for 5th consecutive term
Manmohan Singh, who is the Leader of the Upper House, took oath in the chamber of Hamid Ansari at 10 am.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who was recently elected a member of the Rajya Sabha from Assam for the fifth consecutive term, takes oath on Monday morning.
Singh, who is the Leader of the Upper House, took oath in the chamber of Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari at 10 am. Another Congress member from Assam Santius Kujur will also take oath today.
The election to the two Rajya Sabha seats from Assam had taken place on May 30 and Congress had won both the seats.
- Tamil Nadu Government Constitutes Advisory Committee Under Disaster Management
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Aditya, Rajat take MP to 239/2 against Mumbai on Day 1
- Karnataka Agrees to Comply With SC Order to Release 2,000 Cusecs to TN
- No Medical Bulletin on Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa for Eighth Day
- Eight Killed in Firecracker Mishap at Sivakasi
- Boris Johnson's Anti-Brexit Article Made Public by UK Daily
- Britain's PM Theresa May Heads to India With Eye on Post-Brexit Trade
- MPs Would 'Debate and Scrutinise' the Process but not Vote on Plans: PM May on Brexit