Manmohan Singh condemns serial blasts in Patna
Manmohan Singh urded the people of Bihar to maintain calm after serial bomb blasts exploded in Patna.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Sunday condemned the serial blasts in Patna and called upon Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to speedily investigate and punish the perpetrators.
The Prime Minister spoke to Nitish Kumar on telephone and urged the people to maintain calm.
"The Prime Minister condemns the blasts which occurred at several places in Patna. He appeals to the people to maintain peace and calm," the Prime Minister Office's said on twitter.
A bomb exploded at the Patna railway station on Sunday morning killing one man. Two more blasts took place at the Gandhi Maidan and three outside.
The blasts took place hours before BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi addressed a rally at the ground.
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Grandmother of Captured Indian Soldier Chandu Babulal Chavan Dies of Shock
- India Shouldn't Unilaterally Scrap Indus Waters Treaty: Medha Patkar