Manmohan Singh to visit Kashmir despite terror strike
Manmohan Singh will be undertaking a two-day visit along with UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi to Jammu and Kashmir from Tuesday.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will go ahead with his visit to Kashmir on Tuesday despite the terror attack in Srinagar on Monday.
PMO sources said there is no change in the Prime Minister's schedule.
Singh will be undertaking a two-day visit along with UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi to Jammu and Kashmir from Tuesday. During the visit, Singh is expected to announce a package for border areas of the state.
The Prime Minister and Gandhi will also launch train service between Qazigund in Kashmir and Banihal in Jammu, providing an all-weather surface link to the Valley that often gets cut off from rest of the country in the winter due to heavy snowfall.
Recommended For You
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion