Maoists flourish only in non-Congress states: Ramesh
Wherever the Congress party is weak, the Maoists got the patronage, Jairam Ramesh said.
Bhubaneswar: Maoist activities have flourished in the states where the Congress is not in power, union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh said on Saturday.
"Maoists are strong only in areas where the Congress party is weak. In Jharkhand, Congress party is weak. In Odisha, the Congress is not in power," the minister told a gathering in Nuapada district in Odisha.
"Wherever the Congress party is weak, the Maoists got the patronage," he said in district headquarters town of Nuapada, about 450 km from state capital Bhubaneswar. The region is considered a Maoist stronghold.
The minister visited several villages close to the town, interacted with villagers and reviewed implementation of schemes launched by his ministry.
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- IMPPA Passes Resolution Temporarily Banning Pakistani Artistes In India
- Love is a Feeling Beyond Your Control: Ranbir Kapoor
- Rishi, Neetu and Riddhima Post Messages For Ranbir Kapoor On His Birthday
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Movie Review: Must Watch for its Brilliant Execution
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief