DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Cong MP convicted in a scam, set to lose seat as per SC order on MPs
Rashid Masood has been found guilty by a special CBI court for a medical seat allotment fraud of 1991.
New Delhi: Congress Rajya Sabha MP and former Minister of State for Health Rashid Masood has been found guilty by a special CBI court for a medical seat allotment fraud of 1991. The conviction is significant as he now becomes the first MP who may lose his seat after the Supreme Court struck down a law that provided immunity to convicted MPs.
The court found Masood guilty of nominating undeserving candidates to the MBBS seats allotted to Tripura when he was MoS Health in 1990-91. Two former senior bureaucrats have also been convicted.
The sentencing is expected on Friday and if he is sentenced for more than two years then he can be disqualified as per the new Supreme Court ruling.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Champions Trophy 2017: MS Dhoni, Kohli, Rahane Sweat it Out in Nets