DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Maut ka saudagar remark isn't what hurt Cong: Modi
Modi says the Congress tried every trick to win over the people of Gujarat.
Gandhinagar: Did Sonia Gandhi's maut ka saudagar (merchants of death) remark damage the Congress in the Gujarat Assembly elections?
Narendra Modi, who emerged the undisputed victor, does not share the view that the remark, which has been the subject of much debate in political circles and media, had hurt the Congress.
"The Congress by making such remarks had not made a mistake during the election campaign. They had very methodically gone about their campaign. That their campaign failed is a different story," Modi told PTI in an exclusive interview.
He was asked whether the controversial remarks made by the Congress President in her election campaign gave him an opportunity to turn the tide in his favour.
"They searched every possible way to win over the people. They felt that they will succeed if they speak these things or bring a particular person to campaign for them. They tried every trick, but the people of Gujarat did not appreciate their remarks," the Chief Minister said.
Recommended For You
- Big B Reminisces 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony With an Adorable Pic
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Champions Trophy 2017: MS Dhoni, Kohli, Rahane Sweat it Out in Nets
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users