A day after rebuke, Maya expresses confidence in Ansari
A furious Mayawati had on Wednesday hit out at the RS Chairman questioning the delay in the passing of the SC/ST quota bill.
New Delhi: A day after lashing out at Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari over the constant House disruptions and the delay in the passing of the SC/ST quota bill, Bahujan Samaj Party supremo Mayawati seemed to strike a conciliatory note. Addressing the Chairman, Mayawati said that she had confidence in the chair and urged the MPs to "rise above politics" to ensure the passage of the bill.
A furious Mayawati had on Wednesday hit out at Ansari questioning the disruptions and delay in the passing of the controversial bill. However, the comments of the former Uttar Pradesh chief minister against the Rajya Sabha Chairman were expunged later on Wednesday. Also, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh called up Ansari to convey distress the comments of the BSP chief.
On Thursday, a visibly calmer Mayawati told Ansari, "I respect you. I respect the Chair...I have full faith in the Chair that he will find a way to get the voice of the downtrodden heard." The BSP chief said it was "sad" that the proposed quota bill could not be taken up in the last session of Parliament as well as in the current session because of frequent disruptions.
"I have full faith in you. I have full confidence that you will be able to find a way out to ensure that the House runs smoothly and the legislation is passed," she said.
The BSP chief also requested the government, especially the Prime Minister to find a way out by talking to parties, which are obstructing the measure. "Find a way so that the House runs smoothly and the Chair also does not face problems in running the House. I also request the Leader of the Opposition and leaders of all other parties to rise over party politics and help in the passage of the bill."
(With additional information from PTI)
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- SpaceX Chief Elon Musk Unveils Plans That Could Take Humans to Mars Very Soon
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 8 Times Ranbir Kapoor Wowed us With His Radical Approach Towards Life
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti