Mayawati Dubs PM's Rally as 'Flop', Says People Didn't Accept Modi as 'UP-walla'
BSP supremo Mayawati Narendra dubbed PM Modi's mahaparivartan rally as 'flop show' and said, people did not accept Modi as UP -walla.
BSP Supremo Mayawati (PTI Photo)
Lucknow: Describing Prime Minister Narendra Modi's mahaparivartan rally in the city as a "flop show", BSP chief Mayawati on Monday claimed that despite all out efforts, the gathering did not accept Modi as a "UP-walla".
"The mahaparivartan rally of the prime minister was a total flop show as it was a mere congregation of ticket-seekers and a hired crowd," she said in a press release.
"Despite BJP national president Amit Shah repeatedly asking the people at the rally, they remained silent and did not appear ready to accept that Modi (who represents the state in Lok Sabha) is from Uttar Pradesh," Mayawati claimed.
Reacting to the prime minister's remark at the rally that the recent BHIM mobile app launched by the government was in commemoration of Bhimrao Ambedkar, she alleged that it was aimed at "misguiding the Dalits".
"The Bharat Interface for Money app is being propagated as 'BHIM'. Had his (Modi's) intentions been really good, it could have clearly been named after Baba Saheb," the BSP chief added.
She also took a dig at the Modi government for the "new year gift" to the people of raising petrol and diesel prices.
Recommended For You
- BCCI Exploring Ways to Avoid Pakistan in ICC Test League
- Aksar 2 Review: A Not Uninteresting Film Disfigured by a Spectacularly Failed Attempt at Eroticism
- Bhaichung Bhutia Offers to Help Majid Khan Train On his Return From LeT Fold
- Padmavati Row: Shabana Azmi Urges Film Industry to 'Boycott IFFI as a Protest Against the Threats to Deepika, Bhansali'
- Tesla Semi Electric Truck Unveiled, Gets Electric Range of 800 Km