DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mayawati govt shielding CMO's killers: SP
SP alleged that the UP govt was deliberately not ordering a CBI probe into the CMO's murder.
Lucknow: Alleging that the Uttar Pradesh government was deliberately not ordering a CBI probe into the murder of Chief Medial Officer (CMO) BP Singh, Samajwadi Party on Tuesday dubbed it as an attempt to shield the nexus among
bureaucrats, politicians and contractors involved in the killing.
"Despite demand of CBI probe from all quarters, the state government is not ordering the probe in the murder of Singh, who was shot dead on April 2 in Lucknow. The government is doing so to save the powerful bureaucrat-politician-contractor nexus prevailing in the BSP regime," SP spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury said.
He said that in previous SP regime the medical and health department used to execute World Bank schemes but later a new post of CMO (Family Welfare) was created in the Mayawati regime and financial powers were given to the officer.
"This was done to usurp crores of rupees coming under various heads. It should be probed who was behind creation of this post," Chowdhury said adding that the murder of two CMOs in past six months showed that all was not well in the
He urged Governor B L Joshi to intervene in the matter and order a CBI probe to expose those involved in the act.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh