DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mayawati slams CBI action against DMK leader MK Stalin
SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and Mayawati are facing cases of disproportionate assets which were investigated by CBI.
New Delhi: BSP Chief Mayawati today slammed the government over CBI searches at DMK leader MK Stalin's residence, claiming that she too has been a victim of "misuse" of CBI by both BJP and Congress to further their political interests.
"I have been a victim of the misuse of CBI. Be it BJP or Congress, both have misused CBI," she told reporters here. The former Uttar Pradesh chief minister said such "misuse" is not good for a healthy democracy and "we condemn it".
She said soon after parting ways with BJP, the NDA government used the agency to target her.
She said despite Centre's efforts to target her, she got reprieve from the Supreme Court. SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and Mayawati are facing cases of disproportionate assets which were investigated by CBI.
CBI this morning carried out searches at 19 places across Tamil Nadu, including the residence of Stalin in Chennai in a case of alleged tax evasion for imported cars.
Recommended For You
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics