Mayawati Targets Mulayam, Accuses Him of 'Enacting Drama' to Save Son Akhilesh Yadav
File photo of BSP supremo Mayawati.
Lucknow: Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo Mayawati targeted arch rival and Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav on Tuesday and accused him of "enacting a drama" to save the skin of his Chief Minister son Akhilesh Yadav.
Referring to the ongoing power struggle in the ruling party, the Dalit leader told reporters that it was clear that the father-son duo were trying to deflect the mind of the people of Uttar Pradesh from their "utter failures in the past four years".
"First some ministers are sacked then taken back in the cabinet," she said while suggesting that the developments were scripted.
She also alleged that the ruling dispensation very well knew that the party was in for a massive drubbing in the forthcoming assembly polls scheduled for early next year and hence "it was indulging in all these diversionary tactics".
She also claimed that Irrigation Minister Shivpal Singh Yadav was made the state unit chief of the Samajwadi Party to "insulate Akhilesh from direct attacks" after the party loses at the hustings.
Alleging the state was facing anarchy and complete breakdown of governance, the former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister said people are seeing through the strategy of the SP and would boot them out in the polls.
Recommended For You
- Remembering Vinod Khanna: 15 Films That Celebrate The Actor's Legacy
- IPL 2017: Jadeja Reveals Why Kohli Laughed Hard at His Expense
- Kareena, Karisma, Malaika, Amrita Step Out In Style For Brunch, See Pics
- Facebook's Adit Vaidya, On How Groups Can Help 184 Million Monthly Active Indian Users
- Are You the Biggest Baahubali Fan Ever? Here's Your Chance to Prove It