Meghalaya polls: Rahul to hold rallies in the state
His first meeting will be at Williamnagar District Sports Association Stadium in the Williamnagar area in East Garo Hills.
New Delhi: Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi will visit Meghalaya Wednesday to campaign for the party in the February 23 Assembly elections, party sources said in New Delhi. "Rahul Gandhi will hold three public meetings in the state," a Congress source said.
While his first meeting will be at Williamnagar District Sports Association Stadium in the Williamnagar area in East Garo Hills, it will be followed by another meet at Saitfnad Maidan in Mawkyrwat in West Khasi Hills.
The last meeting will be at Umbuda Football Ground in Nongpoh in Ri Bhoi district, the source said.
A host of Congress leaders, including Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, have campaigned in the poll-bound state. Congress chairperson Sonia Gandhi also addressed a rally on Tuesday in the state.
Both Meghalaya and Nagaland will go to polls on February 23. Polls in Tripura were held on February 14. Results in the three northeast states will be announced on February 28.
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Hillary Clinton Fears Emergence of Nuclear Suicide Bombers From Pakistan
- Surgical Strikes Across LoC May Alter Political Discourse in Poll-bound States
- Retaliation Fear: Border Villages being Cleared
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Movie Review: Must Watch for its Brilliant Execution
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief