Mehbooba Mufti Welcomes Demonetisation, Says It's a Historic Decision
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti on Monday met Prime Minister Narendra Modi and hailed the demonetisation of high value currency.
File photo of PM Narendra Modi and J &K Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti.
New Delhi: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti on Monday met Prime Minister Narendra Modi and hailed the demonetisation of high value currency.
Mehbooba congratulated Modi for his November 8 move to declare Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 currency notes illegal.
"This not an ordinary decision. Obviously common people will have to face trouble for a few days. Whenever such big drastic decisions are taken, some inconvenience will be caused. But I feel this decision is historic," said the Peoples Democratic Party leader, a BJP ally.
Recommended For You
- WhatsApp Live Location: Say Hi to This New Feature to Sour Your Relationships
- 2nd ODI: De Villiers Stars as Proteas Crush Bangladesh by 104 Runs
- Top 10 Cars Sold in September 2017 - Maruti Suzuki Dzire, Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Creta & More
- Hasan Ali Breaks Waqar Younis' Record in Third Sri Lanka ODI
- 'We Hear Every One Of You': Kolkata Police Joins #MeToo Movement