Mehbooba Mufti Welcomes Demonetisation, Says It's a Historic Decision
File photo of PM Narendra Modi and J &K Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti.
New Delhi: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti on Monday met Prime Minister Narendra Modi and hailed the demonetisation of high value currency.
Mehbooba congratulated Modi for his November 8 move to declare Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 currency notes illegal.
"This not an ordinary decision. Obviously common people will have to face trouble for a few days. Whenever such big drastic decisions are taken, some inconvenience will be caused. But I feel this decision is historic," said the Peoples Democratic Party leader, a BJP ally.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More