Mehbooba Mufti Welcomes Demonetisation, Says It's a Historic Decision
File photo of PM Narendra Modi and J &K Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti.
New Delhi: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti on Monday met Prime Minister Narendra Modi and hailed the demonetisation of high value currency.
Mehbooba congratulated Modi for his November 8 move to declare Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 currency notes illegal.
"This not an ordinary decision. Obviously common people will have to face trouble for a few days. Whenever such big drastic decisions are taken, some inconvenience will be caused. But I feel this decision is historic," said the Peoples Democratic Party leader, a BJP ally.
Recommended For You
- World RecordSubstitute Bangladesh Wicketkeeper Imrul Kayes Sets World Record
- revisiting old times!Rekha Is Ditching Kanjivaram Saris For Something Strange These Days
- What a hero!Atif Aslam Stops Concert Mid-Way to Rescue a Girl From Being Eve-Teased
- Partner ContentWatch: How People Closest to Us, Transform Us in a Moment
- Musical magicJaipur Literature Festival 2017: Shillong Choir, Raghu Dixit, Swanand Kirkire to Perform This Year