Mehbooba Mufti Welcomes Demonetisation, Says It's a Historic Decision
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti on Monday met Prime Minister Narendra Modi and hailed the demonetisation of high value currency.
File photo of PM Narendra Modi and J &K Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti.
New Delhi: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti on Monday met Prime Minister Narendra Modi and hailed the demonetisation of high value currency.
Mehbooba congratulated Modi for his November 8 move to declare Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 currency notes illegal.
"This not an ordinary decision. Obviously common people will have to face trouble for a few days. Whenever such big drastic decisions are taken, some inconvenience will be caused. But I feel this decision is historic," said the Peoples Democratic Party leader, a BJP ally.
Recommended For You
- Jio Phone: 9 Ways How Reliance Jio Could Disrupt the Market
- Habibi Radha: Egyptian Singer Recreates Radha For Jab Harry Met Sejal
- Check Out The Trailer of Jab Harry Met Sejal
- Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 Coupe Launched in India For Rs 74.80 Lakh
- Pahlaj Nihalani Explains The Need To Cut Words In Amartya Sen Documentary