DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mill workers, families to boycott TN polls
Around 420 workers of loss making JPCOSPIN in Karaikal have decided to boycott the TN polls.
Karaikal: Around 420 workers of loss making Jayaprakash Narayan Cooperative Spinning Mills Limited (JPCOSPIN) in Karaikal have decided to boycott the Assembly polls, fed up with the "indifferent" attitude of successive governments in the past 15 years to revive it.
Kumar, leader of the Joint Action Committee of various workers unions, said the workers and their families were frustrated with the "inaction" over the years.
He said they have submitted a memorandum to the District Election Officer, informing him of their decision.
JPCOSPIN was set up in 1990 with the aim of providing large-scale employment to rural poor. It functioned quite well in the formative years and produced premium quality cotton yarn, but became a sick unit over the years, despite attempts to revive it.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet