DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Millions want Rahul as PM candidate: Scindia
The Union Minister said he would very much want to see Rahul Gandhi in that position.
Davos: Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia on Friday joined the chorus for Rahul Gandhi as Prime Ministerial candidate in 2014, saying the demand not only reflected feeling in the Congress party, but also those of millions of youth across the country. "I certainly think that he is the Prime Ministerial candidate and I would very much want to see him in that position," Scindia said.
Scindia, known as part of the Rahul brigade, added, "When I say that, I do not speak for myself alone, I speak for not only the Congress Party, but I also speak for millions of youth across the country". He was replying to a query if people should expect Rahul as Congress' Prime Ministerial candidate in the next general elections.
After months of anticipation and clamour within the Congress, Rahul was appointed Vice President of the part as Congress got into battle mode for the 2014 polls. The party has also said that his role in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls would be decided later.
The party has stopped short of naming Rahul either as its face in the 2014 polls or as its Prime Ministerial candidate, obviously, giving itself time to see how the political scenario pans out in the run up to the polls.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar