Mining scam: Janardhana Reddy's custody extended
The custody of G Janardhana Reddy and his personal assistant has been extended till April 7.
Bangalore: A CBI court on Tuesday extended till April 7 the judicial custody of former Karnataka Minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and his personal assistant Mehfuz Ali Khan, arrested in connection with an illegal mining case.
Additional Civil and Sessions Court Judge and CBI special court judge B M Angadi passed the order after CBI moved an application seeking extension of the custody.
Associated Mining Corporation (AMC) and Deccan Mining Syndicate (DMC) owned by Reddy and his wife Aruna Lakshmi have been facing probe over charges of illegal mining.
Reddy and Khan, lodged in Bangalore central prison, were produced in the court via video-conferencing.
Meanwhile, hearing on bail pleas of Reddy and Khan was fixed for April seven by the Judge.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology