Ministers, VVIPs tour expenses rise ten fold
Expenses on foreign and domestic tours of central ministers and VVIPs rose by more than ten times to Rs 678.52 crore in 2011-12, up from Rs 56.16 crore in the previous year.
New Delhi: Expenses on foreign and domestic tours of central ministers and VVIPs rose by more than ten times to Rs 678.52 crore in 2011-12, up from Rs 56.16 crore in the previous year.
The tour expenses increased from Rs 46.95 crore in the budget estimates of 2011-12 to Rs 499.89 crore in the revised estimates, due to payment dues to Air India for VVIP travels and maintenance of aircraft, etc., government informed the Lok Sabha on Tuesday.
Minister of State for Home Affairs Jitendra Singh said in a written reply that the actual expenses on domestic and foreign tours of cabinet ministers and ministers of state declined to Rs 56.16 crore in the financial year 2010-11, from Rs 81.54 crore during 2009-10, before rising again in 2011-12.
- Schizophrenia Can't be Ground for Halting Death Penalty, Says Pakistan SC Citing Indian Judgment
- 2nd Test: Fit-Again Younis Khan Leads Pakistan's Charge Against WI
- BSF Says 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist Killed in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- Salahuddin Seeks Help From Pak Military Pak Over Kashmir
- Gauhar Khan Joins Badrinath Ki Dulhania Cast
- ISL 2016 Kicks Off with a Star-Studded Opening Ceremony
- Nothing Confirmed Yet: Varun Dhawan on Working with Big B
- If Banning Actors Can Stop Terrorism, Government Should do it: Varun Dhawan
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18