Ministers who resigned on corruption charges in UPA II
A Raja - The DMK leader held the portfolio of communication and information technology when an alleged scam in allocation of 2G spectrum took place.
New Delhi: Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal and Law Minister Ashwani Kumar were not the first from in the United Progressive Alliance-II to have resigned on corruption charges. The others who stepped down on corruption charges are:
A Raja - The DMK leader held the portfolio of communication and information technology when an alleged scam in allocation of 2G spectrum took place. A report of Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) said it cost the exchequer Rs 1.76 lakh crore. He resigned Nov 14, 2010, and was arrested in February 2011.
Dayanihdhi Maran - This DMK leader resigned as textile minister in July 2011, over allegations that as telecom minister, he arm-twisted the promoter of mobile service provider Aircel to sell out to Malaysian telecom firm Maxis.
Shashi Tharoor - Though there were no direct corruption charges against him, Tharoor got into problems after then IPL commissioner Lalit Modi alleged that Sunanda Pushkar, who is now Tharoor's wife, had equity stakes in Rendezvous Sports World (RSW), heading the consortium that owns the Kochi team in Indian Premier League (IPL). Tharoor resigned from the post of minister of state for external affairs in April 2010, but was later taken back as Minister of State for Human Resource Development, a portfolio he presently holds.
Virbhadra Singh - Resigned from the post of minister of small, micro and medium industries after a court in Himachal Pradesh framed corruption charges against him and his wife, Pratibha. They had been booked for alleged misuse of his official position and criminal misconduct when Virbhadra Singh was the chief minister of Himachal Pradesh in 1989. He led the party to victory in the state elections and is now chief minister again.
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Fun to Explore the Singer in Me, Says Shraddha Kapoor
- Abhishek Kapoor Was, Is And Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- My Character in Rock On 2 Goes Through an Internal Conflict: Farhan Akhtar
- OnePlus Diwali Dash Sale Live: Win OnePlus 3 at Re 1
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- No One Needs to Give Proof of Their Patriotism, Says CBFC Chief Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Controversy: Shabana Azmi slams Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis