DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
I will contest the RS polls: Anshuman Mishra
Anshuman Mishra on Tuesday said that in case of any hint from the party leadership to step down, he will do so.
New Delhi: Anshuman Mishra, the Independent candidate backed by the BJP for Rajya Sabha from Jharkhand did a U-turn on Wednesday saying he will contest the elections.
"I have changed my mind, I am staying firm on my decision to contest the Rajya Sabha polls. People of Jharkhand want me to go to Rajya Sabha," Mishra told CNN-IBN.
Mishra on Tuesday said that he was ready to withdraw his nomination after senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha lashed out over his name being backed. Mishra
said that in case of any hint from the party leadership to step down, he will do so.
Mishra won the backing of a section of BJP for his Rajya Sabha candidature but the party did not renominate its Deputy Leader in the Upper House SS Ahluwalia, apparently to accomodate him.
Senior leaders on Tuesday asked parliamentary party chief LK Advani to take up members' grouse with party President Nitin Gadkari.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835