DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
MLA demands withdrawal of book for promoting 'gender bias'
The book by VV Chowdhary is titled 'Mulgach Kasa Hoil', meaning, 'how to get a male baby'.
Thane: A Shiv Sena MLA on Wednesday requested the Maharashtra Assembly Speaker to direct the state government to withdraw from circulation a Marathi book, saying it was promoting "gender bias". Vivek Pandit made a special mention on the floor of the Lower House seeking a ban on the book titled "Mulgach Kasa Hoil" (How to get a male baby?) by VV Chowdhary.
Pandit, who represents Vasai constituency in Thane district, said the book was in violation of the Pre-Conception and Pre-Natal Diagnostic Technique (PCPNDT) Act in the backdrop of growing number of female foeticide cases in some parts of the state.
"Even four months after Joint Director of State Health Services and Family Welfare Department wrote to Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) to take further action against the publisher for alleged violation of the Pre-Conception and Pre-Natal Diagnostic Technique (PCPNDT) Act, nothing has happened on ground," he said.
Pandit requested the Speaker to direct the state government to ensure that the book is withdrawn from circulation.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017, Ind vs NZ: The Big Talking Points
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Video - One-off Rolls-Royce ‘Sweptail’ Bespoke Revealed
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar