2G report row: Govt trying to defame CAG, says Joshi
Speaking exclusively to CNN-IBN, ex-CAG principal auditor RP Singh had alleged that the agency's 2G report had been influenced by MM Joshi.
New Delhi: Public Accounts Committee (PAC) Chairman Murli Manohar Joshi of the BJP on Friday refuted charges by ex-CAG audit officer RP Singh that he had influenced the agency's report on 2G spectrum, saying that they were baseless. Speaking to reporters, Joshi said that the government was merely trying to defame CAG.
Speaking exclusively to CNN-IBN, ex-CAG principal auditor RP Singh had alleged that the CAG's 2G report had been influenced by Joshi and the loss figure mentioned in the report was presumptive and restored despite having been deleted by him in the draft report.
The revelations have already sparked a furore amongst the political class with Congress leaders demanding a reply from the BJP as well as the CAG. Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath said, "This matter will be discussed in Parliament today. Many members have called me that they want an investigation. It's a serious matter. What conspiracy is on in CAG they say."
Congress leader PL Punia said, "It proves and shows that BJP can go to any level for their political benefit. They misuse a constitutional body for their political benefit. This is also condemnable that they force members of CAG and misuse them. I think this should be investigated by a Supreme Court judge and truth should come before people of the nation."
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Lenovo Sacks "Hundreds" of Employees at Motorola: Report
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Watch: The News That Wasn't With Cyrus Broacha
- Pak Approaches World Bank to Mediate Indus Waters Treaty Row With India
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Attempt to Block Islamabad's Share of Water "Act of War": Sartaj Aziz