Modi will visit Kumbh on Feb 12, say sources
There were reports that VHP and some Hindu religious groups might discuss Modi's candidature at a conclave during the Kumbh Mela.
New Delhi: It is now confirmed that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will be going to the Maha Kumbh Mela in Allahabad on February 12 after the Dharam Sansad of the Vishwa Hindu Parishad ends there. "Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will travel to Allahabad on February 12 to take a holy dip in the river Ganga during the Kumbh Mela," sources in the Chief Minister's office said.
There were reports that VHP and some Hindu religious groups close to the Sangh Parivar might discuss Modi's candidature at a conclave during the Kumbh Mela in Allahabad.
Modi's visit comes at a time when the chorus within the BJP for declaring him party's prime ministerial candidate has grown loud, making NDA members like JD(U) nervous and resulting in a gag order on the issue by BJP president Rajnath Singh.
Even VHP leader Ashok Singhal had aired his opinion that Modi should be declared as the prime ministerial candidate. BJP spokesperson Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, reacting to the opposition on sadhus discussing the name of prime ministerial candidate, had said, "If saints will not discuss the name of prime ministerial candidates, will Hafeez Saeed (Pakistan based terrorist heading Laskhar-e-Toiba) decide about it?"
With additional information from PTI
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show