Modi to meet PM in Delhi today
The visit is being seen as part of Modi's efforts towards building a pan-India appeal.
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will be meeting Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in the capital on Wednesday. No agenda is set for the meeting. Reportedly Modi is in Delhi to speak at the prestigious Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC).
The visit is being seen as part of Modi's efforts towards building a pan-India appeal. Modi will also visit Allahabad to participate in the Maha Kumbh on February 12.
In recent weeks, there has been growing chorus in BJP for projecting Modi as party's Prime Ministerial candidate, arguing it will benefit the party in the next general elections. NDA's key ally JD(U), which has reservation against Modi and wants a secular face acceptable to all as NDA's Prime Ministerial candidate, has condemned the "mad rush" of leaders naming a candidate of their choice for the top post. On the other hand, Shiv Sena is pitching for Sushma Swaraj as the Prime Ministerial candidate.
- RBI Staff's Rangoli Tribute To Raghuram Rajan Is Perfect
- When she was born, there was no joy and celebration: Kangana Ranaut's father recalls her birth
- Kangana Ranaut wished to make a film on sister, acid attack survivor Rangoli's life
- Delhi: Street kids celebrate Diwali, spread message of harmony
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- At paltry Rs 150 crore, gold bonds scheme fails to glitter
- PM's Diwali gifts: How to secure your gold through Centre's gold coin, monetisation and bond schemes