Modi to meet PM in Delhi today
The visit is being seen as part of Modi's efforts towards building a pan-India appeal.
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will be meeting Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in the capital on Wednesday. No agenda is set for the meeting. Reportedly Modi is in Delhi to speak at the prestigious Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC).
The visit is being seen as part of Modi's efforts towards building a pan-India appeal. Modi will also visit Allahabad to participate in the Maha Kumbh on February 12.
In recent weeks, there has been growing chorus in BJP for projecting Modi as party's Prime Ministerial candidate, arguing it will benefit the party in the next general elections. NDA's key ally JD(U), which has reservation against Modi and wants a secular face acceptable to all as NDA's Prime Ministerial candidate, has condemned the "mad rush" of leaders naming a candidate of their choice for the top post. On the other hand, Shiv Sena is pitching for Sushma Swaraj as the Prime Ministerial candidate.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Tale of Two Sessions That Cost Hosts the Pune Test
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It