Modi cancels Kumbh visit over security reasons
He was scheduled to travel to Allahabad on February 12 to take a holy dip at the ongoing religious congregation.
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has cancelled his visit to Maha Kumbh Mela in Allahabad over security reasons. He was scheduled to travel to Allahabad on February 12 to take a holy dip at the ongoing religious congregation. But due to "security reasons" the Bharatiya Janata Party leader called off his plan on Saturday.
Earlier in the week, all eyes were on Vishwa Hindu Parishad's Dharma Sansad at Kumbh Mela where speculations were rife that the party would not endorse Modi as the prime ministerial candidate of the NDA.
Irked by all the attention Modi was getting, the Samajwadi Party had warned the VHP and the BJP to keep politics away from the Kumbh. BJP President Rajnath Singh had also visited Kumbh Mela to attend VHP core committee meet.
Recommended For You
- Ajinkya Rahane Just Walked Out & Said I Will Dominate: KL Rahul
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Black) Review: The Perfect Phone at Rs 12,999
- Avail Lowest Fares With AirAsia To Travel Across Asia and Australia
- IPL 2017: Is Virat Kohli a Doubtful Starter?
- Half Girlfriend First Look: Arjun Kapoor- Shraddha Kapoor are Drenched in Love