DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Modi cancels Kumbh visit over security reasons
He was scheduled to travel to Allahabad on February 12 to take a holy dip at the ongoing religious congregation.
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has cancelled his visit to Maha Kumbh Mela in Allahabad over security reasons. He was scheduled to travel to Allahabad on February 12 to take a holy dip at the ongoing religious congregation. But due to "security reasons" the Bharatiya Janata Party leader called off his plan on Saturday.
Earlier in the week, all eyes were on Vishwa Hindu Parishad's Dharma Sansad at Kumbh Mela where speculations were rife that the party would not endorse Modi as the prime ministerial candidate of the NDA.
Irked by all the attention Modi was getting, the Samajwadi Party had warned the VHP and the BJP to keep politics away from the Kumbh. BJP President Rajnath Singh had also visited Kumbh Mela to attend VHP core committee meet.
Recommended For You
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar