DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Modi meets PM, to address students at SRCC
The visit is being seen as part of Narendra Modi's efforts towards building a pan-India appeal.
New Delhi: Narendra Modi met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wedneaday in a reportedly courtesy call after he was re-elected as the Gujarat Chief Minister. Later in the day, Modi will address students at the Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC) on the Gujarat model of development.
After meeting the Prime Minister, Modi said, "The Prime Minister assured all help for Gujarat's development." He also said Meeting with the Prime Minister was good and said that Manmohan congratulated him.
The visit is being seen as part of Modi's efforts towards building a pan-India appeal. The Gujarat Chief Minister will be leaving for the Kumbh in Allahabad next week. A few students groups have planned protests in the day.
In recent weeks, there has been growing chorus in BJP for projecting Modi as party's Prime Ministerial candidate, arguing it will benefit the party in the next general elections.
NDA's key ally JD(U), which has reservation against Modi and wants a secular face acceptable to all as NDA's Prime Ministerial candidate, has condemned the 'mad rush' of leaders naming a candidate of their choice for the top post. On the other hand, Shiv Sena is pitching for Sushma Swaraj as the Prime Ministerial candidate.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Sonu Nigam Quits Twitter After Singer Abhijeet's Account Is Suspended
- England vs South Africa Live Score: England Get Rid of De Kock
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes