Modi elected Gujarat BJP legislature party leader
Narendra Modi will be administered the oath of office and secrecy by Governor Kamala Beniwal on Wednesday.
Gandhinagar: Narendra Modi was on Tuesday unanimously elected leader of BJP legislature party, paving the way for his swearing-in as Gujarat Chief Minister tomorrow for the fourth time.
All the 115 newly-elected BJP MLAs attended the meeting where Modi was formally chosen the leader in the presence of central observer and the Leader of the Opposition in the Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley.
Modi's name was proposed by senior MLA Vaju Vala, who was Finance Minister in the outgoing cabinet, and seconded by four other senior legislators. After the proposal was carried unanimously, Jaitley announced Modi's election.
Modi will be administered the oath of office and secrecy by Governor Kamala Beniwal on Wednesday. BJP won 115 seats in the 182-member legislative assembly in recent elections.
Recommended For You
- Gionee M2017 First Look: Check Out the Rs 1.66 Lakh Gionee Phone
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Shekhar Suman Takes a Dig at Kangana Ranaut, Twitteratis Shut Him up Perfectly
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands