Modi elected Gujarat BJP legislature party leader
Narendra Modi will be administered the oath of office and secrecy by Governor Kamala Beniwal on Wednesday.
Gandhinagar: Narendra Modi was on Tuesday unanimously elected leader of BJP legislature party, paving the way for his swearing-in as Gujarat Chief Minister tomorrow for the fourth time.
All the 115 newly-elected BJP MLAs attended the meeting where Modi was formally chosen the leader in the presence of central observer and the Leader of the Opposition in the Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley.
Modi's name was proposed by senior MLA Vaju Vala, who was Finance Minister in the outgoing cabinet, and seconded by four other senior legislators. After the proposal was carried unanimously, Jaitley announced Modi's election.
Modi will be administered the oath of office and secrecy by Governor Kamala Beniwal on Wednesday. BJP won 115 seats in the 182-member legislative assembly in recent elections.
- Seven Pakistani Rangers, One Terrorist Killed Along Jammu Border: BSF
- Salahuddin Seeks Help From Pak Military Pak Over Kashmir
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: Sreejesh Simmers Down Before Indo-Pak Clash
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18