DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Modi elected Gujarat BJP legislature party leader
Narendra Modi will be administered the oath of office and secrecy by Governor Kamala Beniwal on Wednesday.
Gandhinagar: Narendra Modi was on Tuesday unanimously elected leader of BJP legislature party, paving the way for his swearing-in as Gujarat Chief Minister tomorrow for the fourth time.
All the 115 newly-elected BJP MLAs attended the meeting where Modi was formally chosen the leader in the presence of central observer and the Leader of the Opposition in the Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley.
Modi's name was proposed by senior MLA Vaju Vala, who was Finance Minister in the outgoing cabinet, and seconded by four other senior legislators. After the proposal was carried unanimously, Jaitley announced Modi's election.
Modi will be administered the oath of office and secrecy by Governor Kamala Beniwal on Wednesday. BJP won 115 seats in the 182-member legislative assembly in recent elections.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Bangladesh vs Pakistan, Champions Trophy Warm-up, Live From Birmingham
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users