Modi to hold day-long fast in Gandhi's birthplace
Congress MP Vitthal Radadiya is planning to hold another fast to counter Modi's at Porbandar.
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will be holding a day-long fast as a part of his Sadbhavna mission in Mahatma Gandhi's birthplace Porbandar on Sunday.
Congress MP Vitthal Radadiya is planning to hold another fast to counter Modi's at Porbandar, which is a Congress stronghold.
The Gujarat chief minister on Saturday observed a day-long fast under his Sadhbhavna Mission in the town of Bhachau in Kutch district and targeted Congress by saying that following the policy of vote bank politics, it was catering to some sections of society and ignoring others.
"It is the misfortune of the country that after independence the poison of casteism and communalism has become corner stone of our politics. Those leaders and parties who are fanning division in the name of casteism and communalism have remained at the helm of affairs," Modi said addressing the gathering after the fast.
"Some political parties just cater to the sections which they perceive to be their vote bank and ignore others," Modi said, without taking the name of Congress party.
"But, Gujarat has challenged this vote bank politics in a unique way by Sadbhavna Mission. We have shown a way for change by giving a slogan 'development for all, appeasement for none'," Modi stated.
"We have made the country realised that casteism, communalism, regionalism can secure a chair (power) for few but if the state and the country want to progress they have to follow developmental politics," the chief minister further said.
"For the last 10 years Gujarat has rejected vote bank politics and adopted developmental politics. It is due to the peace in the state that it has progressed. If other states are to progress, they have to adopt this route", Modi observed.
Modi further said that his Sadhbhavna Mission has disturbed the sleep of his opponents.
This was Modi's sixth fast after he launched Sadbhavna Mission in Ahmedabad on September 17 by holding a three-day fast. He has subsequently observed one-day fasts in Dwarka, Navsari Patan and Bodeli.
Congress leaders from these places had also organised a parallel fast against Modi.
(With additional information from PTI)
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP