DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Modi flays Centre on Afzal issue
Modi condemned Manmohan Singh and UPA for delaying the execution of Parliament attack case convict Afzal.
New Delhi: After the much-touted verbal attacks that Balasaheb made on President APJ Abdul Kalam on the Afzal issue, it was the turn of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi to do some tongue-lashing.
Modi, who was on his visit to Jalandhar on Sunday, condemned the Manmohan Singh Government at the Centre for delaying the execution of Parliament attack case convict Afzal.
Terming the delay in execution as "unjustified", Modi said that the then Congress-led Government had disposed of mercy petition from General Vaidhya's assassin summarily in two hours but it had been keeping the petition from Afzal pending for past three months.
PTI quoted Modi as saying, ''Will the Government want to convey that the murderers will also be differentiated and discriminated.'' He alleged that Congress was acting with its vote bank approach in every matter which is deplorable.
Modi also described Dr Manmohan Singh as ''Proxy Prime Minister''. He said now-a-days Delhi is not having a Prime Minister but there is a proxy Prime Minister, who did take diktats from somewhere else.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar