DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Modi Government Has Created Climate of Hate, Hostility: Yechury
File image of CPI(M) General Secretary Sitaram Yechury
New Delhi: CPI-M General Secretary Sitaram Yechury on Saturday said the Narendra Modi government had created a climate of hate and hostility across the country during its over two-year rule at the Centre.
Referring to various incidents like the lynching of a Muslim in Uttar Pradesh's Gautam Budh Nagar on the beef issue and forcing actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui to pullout of a Ram Leela show, the Communist Party of India-Marxist leader said these incidents were not isolated.
"The incident (that happened) in Akhlaq's (Bishada) village, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, slitting of a Dalit's throat and throwing of cow urine at a dandiya event are not isolated ones.
"These are the outcome of a climate of hate and hostility created in the last few years by a government run by an ideology that fans divisiveness," Yechury said on social networking sites Twitter and Facebook.
"While each incident must be handled by the law and order machinery, this politics/ideology of hate and hostility has to be defeated by all Indians," he added.
Recommended For You
- Marcus Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish