Modi Government Has Created Climate of Hate, Hostility: Yechury
File image of CPI(M) General Secretary Sitaram Yechury
New Delhi: CPI-M General Secretary Sitaram Yechury on Saturday said the Narendra Modi government had created a climate of hate and hostility across the country during its over two-year rule at the Centre.
Referring to various incidents like the lynching of a Muslim in Uttar Pradesh's Gautam Budh Nagar on the beef issue and forcing actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui to pullout of a Ram Leela show, the Communist Party of India-Marxist leader said these incidents were not isolated.
"The incident (that happened) in Akhlaq's (Bishada) village, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, slitting of a Dalit's throat and throwing of cow urine at a dandiya event are not isolated ones.
"These are the outcome of a climate of hate and hostility created in the last few years by a government run by an ideology that fans divisiveness," Yechury said on social networking sites Twitter and Facebook.
"While each incident must be handled by the law and order machinery, this politics/ideology of hate and hostility has to be defeated by all Indians," he added.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli & Co Smash World Record During Windies ODI
- Apple CEO Tim Cook And PM Modi Discuss Make in India iPhone SE
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno Races Past 2,00,000 Unit Sales Within 20 Months
- Honor 8 Pro vs OnePlus 5: What Their Dual-Camera Will Offer
- Superstitious Yuvraj Wears Champions Trophy Jersey Against Windies