DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Gujarat polls: Modi to address 6 rallies on Saturday
The Gujarat CM was scheduled to address his first rally in Veraval and the last one in Surat.
Ahmedabad: With just two weeks to go for the Gujarat Assembly elections, Chief Minister Narendra Modi has intensified his campaign. On Saturday, he started his day with a visit to Somnath temple and was scheduled to address six rallies across the state. Modi will address the first rally in Veraval and will end his day in Surat.
Pulling all stops to capture the public imagination, Modi had in November launched his election campaign by addressing rallies in four cities simultaneously. In his speech, telecast on specially erected screens in Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Rajkot and Surat with the help of 3D holographic technology and satellite link-ups, Modi, spoke from a studio in Gandhinagar.
The Congress, however, found the exercise a mere gimmick and wrote to the state chief electoral officer to disallow the broadcast. GPCC President Arjun Modhvadia said, "Crores of rupees are being spent on this publicity stunt. After all, this money belongs to the people of Gujarat and is being wasted."
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi