Modi has no understanding of the country: Govindacharya
The former BJP ideologue said the reshuffle of BJP Parliamentary Board showed that the party lacked direction.
New Delhi: Former BJP ideologue KN Govindacharya on Monday said the reshuffle of the party's Parliamentary Board and inclusion of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi showed that the party had no direction and such moves were unlikely to take the BJP forward. Modi was in the Parliamentary Board six years ago and bringing him back was no big deal or strategy, said Govindacharya.
Keeping up his attack on Modi, Govindacharya added that the Gujarat Chief Minister had no understanding about the country and that he got the position only due to media management, but will not be able to work properly.
"It's not necessary that a good reporter will become be a good editor or a good teacher becomes a very good principal. Similarly a good chief minister may not necessarily become a good prime minister," said Govindacharya and added that it remains to be seen what kind of rabbit emerges from Santa's cap.
He went on to add that India badly needed a new political forces as there was no difference between the Congress and the BJP. Anna Hazare, Arvind Kejriwal and Sri Sri Ravi Shankar are trying to provide a political alternative as the people are disappointed and angry with the Congress-UPA and BJP-NDA, he said.
This is not the first time that Govindacharya has targeted Modi. Earlier too he had said that Modi was fit to become the prime minister and Digvijaya Singh may prove to be a better prime minister.
- Cauvery Row: Karnataka Firm, Calls Legislature Session to Decide on SC Order
- Unknown Person Files Income Tax Return in Kareena Kapoor's Name
- Cauvery Row: Opposition Asks Govt Not to Release Water to Tamil Nadu
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Chairs All-Party Meet, Gowda Sits on Dharna
- Watch: Ground Reports From India-Pakistan Border
- India Should Start Talks with Pakistan: Sitaram Yechury
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- Pakistan's Bermuda Triangle