Ramdev praises Modi, shares stage with him in Haridwar
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was in Haridwar to inaugurate yoga guru Ramdev's new school 'Acharya Kulam'.
Haridwar: Religious leaders in Haridwar on Friday welcomed Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, who is in town to inaugurate yoga guru Ramdev's new school 'Acharya Kulam'. Ramdev, giving a fillip to Modi's Prime Ministerial ambitions, was all praise for him and lauded him for being a great administrator. Ramdev also reiterated that crores of Indians are pinning their hopes on him.
This comes days after Ramdev had backed Modi as a Prime Ministerial candidate. Ramdev had described the Gujarat Chief Minister as a symbol of development and good governance and asked people to support him.
"Modi is a symbol of development and good governance and people have a lot of expectations from him. He is a good leader and the people should support such a leader," Ramdev had said.
Ramdev, who earlier had urged the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) to change its priorities and project Modi as its leader in the next Lok Sabha elections, had said he would not take the political plunge but would continue working to bring political change in the country.
(With additional information from IANS)
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
- MNS Defiant Despite Rajnath's Assurance to Bollywood: Time to Arrest Raj Thackeray?
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorist Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
- BSF Kills 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti