BJP to hold rally in Orissa to show strength
BJP has decided to hold a massive rally in Bhubaneswar on March 16.
New Delhi: In the aftermath of the BJP-BJD break-up in Orissa, BJP has also announced a rally in Bhubaneshwar to "expose the betrayal of BJD" in front of the people of Orissa.
The BJP is going all out to show its strength in Orissa the a massive rally in Bhubaneshwar will take place on March 16. The rally is expected to be attended by several central leaders.
The party's poster boy, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi too will campaign in the state. BJP has already declared that it will contest all assembly as well as Lok Sabha seats.
"The BJP pledges to resolutely carry forward the anti-Congress legacy to serve the people of Orissa. We will contest all 21 Lok Sabha and 147 assembly seats," Ravi Shanker Prasad said.
People of Orissa will recall the golden years of NDA rule at the Centre under Atal Bihari Vajpayee's Prime Ministership, during which a series of steps were initiated to bring Orissa out of poverty and underdevelopment, he added.
Party emissary to Orissa during the collapsed alliance talks, Chandan Mitra, however, said the local party leaders were happy and felt a sense of "freedom".
"There is a sense of jubilation among the Orissa partymen. They feel a sense of freedom and are confident of party's victory in the coming election," Mitra said.
As per sources, the BJP state unit represented by Orissa chief Suresh Pujari briefed Advani and party leadership that the Naveen Patnaik-led BJD was "preparing ground for a break-up since the last one year."
(With inputs from PTI)
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Despite Bleak Electoral Map, Donald Trump Says, 'We Are Winning'
- Trump Calls Clinton 'Nasty Woman'; Voters Rally Behind her
- Triple Talaq a Religious Issue, PM Has No Right to Intervene: AIMPLB's Jilani
- People Celebrated Choti Diwali After Surgical Strikes, says PM Modi
- PM Modi Urges People to Break out of SP-BSP Stranglehold in UP
- PM Modi Bats for Women's Rights, Wants Practice of Triple Talaq to go