Modi likely to go to Bihar, pay condolence to Kailashpati Mishra
Veteran BJP leader Kailashpati Mishra died on Saturday after prolonged illness.
Patna: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and senior BJP leaders will arrive in Patna on Sunday to pay condolence to veteran BJP leader Kailashpati Mishra, who died on Saturday after prolonged illness, party sources said in Patna. "Narendra Modi telephoned me to say that he will be coming to Patna tomorrow to pay condolence to Mishra," Bihar BJP President C P Thakur said.
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi confirmed arrival of Narendra Modi, BJP veteran L K Advani, leader of opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, party leader in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley and BJP General Secretary Ananth Kumar. "These leaders would stay here for a brief period and return after paying condolence at Mishra's residence," Sushil Modi said.
Modi was not invited for elections in Bihar in 2005 as well in 2010 following strong protest by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Beat Malaysia 2-1 to Seal Top Spot
- Don't Invite Foreign Teams to Pakistan in Current Situation: Shoaib Akhtar
- Pakistan Summons Indian Envoy, Lodges Strong Protest Over 'Unprovoked Firing'
- Pakistan Cricket Board Bars Push-Ups on Field After Match Wins
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund
- Salman Khan's Bodyguard Shera Faces Assault Charges in Mumbai
- Congress Hits Out at CM Fadnavis Over 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Release, Calls Him 'Broker'
- Had Opposed MNS's Rs 5 Crore Demand in Meeting: Fadnavis
From Our Network
- Samajwadi Party drama enters 5th day: Akhilesh-Shivpal feud sparks SP-Congress alliance ahead of UP polls- FirstPost
- Haryana will be first state to implement 7th pay commission recommendations - Pradesh18
- Diwali gift for commuters, DND flyway made toll free after Allahabad High Court order - Pradesh18