Narendra Modi meets Rajnath Singh, congratulates him
Though the meeting was described as a courtesy call, it may fuel talks over a possible greater role for the Gujarat CM at the Centre.
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday met newly-appointed Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) President Rajnath Singh at his residence in the capital. Though the meeting was described as a courtesy call, it may fuel talks over a possible greater role for the Gujarat Chief Minister at the Centre in the run up to the next General Elections.
Earlier in the day, Modi had tweeted, "Leaving for Delhi. Will meet Shri Rajnath Singh ji & congratulate him on his taking over as BJP President."
The meeting comes days after Rajnath Singh was elected party president and Nitin Gadkari dramatically withdrew from seeking a second term.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, Nokia 5 Price and Specifications in Pictures
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless
- Shooting World Cup: Jitu Rai Wins 10m Air Pistol Bronze