NCTC will compromise the security of people: Modi
Narendra Modi in his letter to the Prime Mintier also said that the proposed step is illegal and unconstitutional.
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday wrote a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, urging him not to set up National Counter Terrorism Center (NCTC).
Modi in his letter to the Prime Mintier claimed that setting up NCTC will compromise the safety and security of the people of India.
"The proposed step is illegal and unconstitutional, and will compromise the safety and security of the people of India," Modi said.
Modi further said that most of the Chief Ministers including those from Congress took very strong exception to the proposal as it will compromise the ongoing fight against terrorism to ensure safety and security of the people of this country.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology