Modi offers medical help to Vilasrao Deshmukh
Vilasrao Deshmukh, the 67-year-old former Maharashtra chief minister, was flown to Chennai for a possible liver transplant.
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday asked officials from the health department to offer medical help to union minister and senior Congress leader Vilasrao Deshmukh who is undergoing treatment for a serious liver ailment at a hospital in Chennai.
Modi has instructed the Gujarat health department to arrange cadaver liver (liver of a dead person) on top priority for the ailing Union Minister.
"Instructed Gujarat's health department to procure cadaver liver on top priority for Vilasrao Deshmukh, who is undergoing treatment," Modi wrote on twitter.
The 67-year-old former Maharashtra chief minister was flown to Chennai for a possible liver transplant, but the doctors there said that his condition has to improve before any decision could be taken on such a course.
Recommended For You
- KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched: All You Need to Know
- Pooja Bhatt to File Police Complaint Against Man Posing as Her Agent
- Post Jolly LLB 2 Success, Makers Plan to Make a Sequel
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology