Modi favours decentralisation of power to aid development
Giving an example, Modi explained how Gujarat had outsourced the system of lift inspection to private companies and how the government was reaping benefits because of that.
New Delhi: Emphasising on the need to decentralise power, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Monday revealed how his government was taken to task by the Centre for laying down gas pipeline across the state. "The Gujarat government was targeted by the Centre for laying down gas pipeline across the state. The Centre said that it was its job, not the state's. What is the use of such policies? We have reduced this centralisation of power in Gujarat," Modi said.
Giving an example, Modi explained how Gujarat had outsourced the system of lift inspection to private companies and how the government was reaping benefits because of that. "Government must come out of ornamental activities and focus on providing basic services," the leader added.
Elaborating upon his point, Modi said that informing the people, decentralisation of power, people's consent, their participation in decision making will all go a long way in ensuring better governance.
- Salahuddin Seeks Help From Pak Military Pak Over Kashmir
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: Sreejesh Simmers Down Before Indo-Pak Clash
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire in Kathua District, 1 BSF Jawan Injured
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Russia Dismisses MH17 Findings as False, Politically-Motivated
- Malaysian Airliner MH17 was Shot Down by a 'Russian-Made Missile'
- Ukrainians Turn Ammunition Into Art to Depict Horrors of Civil War