Government is about outlay while governance means outcome: Modi
Modi said that governance was lacking in India which has resulted in people losing faith in the institution.
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Monday came out strongly in support of outlay over outcome while addressing the first Think India Dialogue of Network 18. Expressing his views on more governance and less government, he said, "One thinks of size of government when we talk of minimum government. I do not share this view. I don't mean to job cuts when I talk about minimum government." Modi added that, "Government is about outlay and governance is about outcome. Governments in India only talk about outlay and not outcome."
Speaking about the benefits of government of coming out of ornamental activities and concentrating on providing basic services, Modi said that such steps would not only reduce red tape but also win back people's faith which has been completely eroded over the last few years.
Pointing out that even though the government was omnipresent in India, Modi said that governance was lacking which resulted in people losing faith in the institution. God is omnipresent and people have faith in god. Even government is present everywhere but there is no faith. People have more faith in private security agencies for their safety but not in the government machinery," he said.
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
- Arjun Kapoor, Shraddha Kapoor Bring 'Bollywood Dance Raita' to New York
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18