Modi plan for 2014 getting ready, BJP to stress on youth, social media
It is clear that Narendra Modi wants to start the 2014 poll campaign on a very aggressive note.
New Delhi: The BJP has decided to pay special emphasis on the young voters in the run-up to the 2014 Lok Sabha elections. At the BJP Parliamentary Board meeting in New Delhi on Thursday party leaders decided to start the campaign on a war footing. While laying stress of using the social media and hiring IT professionals for the same, Gujarat Chief Minister and campaign committee head Narendra Modi said the Lok Sabha election is just 200 days away and the party must have a programme for every day.
Modi sat besides senior leader LK Advani to give a semblance of unity within the party. The seating arrangements were finalised by BJP President Rajnath Singh. Advani, who has expressed his displeasure over Modi becoming the campaign committee chief, was also in a cheerful mood.
It was decided in the meeting that the BJP will lay emphasis on young voters, social media will be utilised, IT professionals will be hired to make sure the party's views are sent across to a large number of Internet users, rallies and meeting should be held in all Parliamentary constituencies before the next elections.
Party spokesperson and Rajnath Singh's close aide Sudhanshu Trivedi was also called for the meeting. Trivedi and Modi will finalise the final campaign strategy although the party's campaign committee has not yet been formally constituted.
The committee's decisions will not be brought to the Parliamentary Board for ratification. At the meeting Modi's stamp on the campaign strategy was clearly visible.
There was a consensus among party leaders that Modi's elevation has motivated the cadre. But the worrying fact that that while Modi had several supporters but very few voters across the country. The party has planned to convert the supporters into voters by using social media. It is clear that Modi wants to start his campaign on a very aggressive note. He wants to target the 15 crore voters under the age of 30 years.
At the meeting the UPA government was also accused of misusing the CBI. The party also decided to coin slogans keeping in mind leaders and visionaries like Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel and Swami Vivekanand.
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Iraqi Forces Prepare to Retake Key Areas in Mosul
- Jio MAMI 2016: When Aishwarya Rai Made Newcomer Anushka Sharma Feel at Home
- Jio MAMI 2016: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Will Be Like a Therapy for Unrequited Love, Says Karan Johar
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about Anurag Khashyap's tweet over ADHM
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan