Radical initiatives, strong political stand will usher growth: Modi
The Gujarat Chief Minister said political parties are under pressure to avoid or delay taking decisions due to elections.
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Monday called for radical initiatives and strong political stand to usher high economic growth and faster development. While addressing the first Think India Dialogue of Network18, Modi said, "It is unfortunate that priority for most of us is in this country to get power."
The Gujarat Chief Minister said that external pressure influence the decision making process and political parties are under pressure to avoid or delay taking decisions due to elections.
Pointing out that even though the government was omnipresent in India, Modi said that governance was lacking which resulted in people losing faith in the institution.
God is omnipresent and people have faith in god. Even government is present everywhere but there is no faith. People have more faith in private security agencies for their safety but not in the government machinery," the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader said.
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"