Modi takes a dig at Nitish during his poll rally
Narendra Modi also announced many sops including an interest waiver on all loans taken by farmers before August 15.
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has once again taken a dig at Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar. Modi said that nobody complains when political parties use Osama bin Laden lookalikes during Bihar election campaigns, but have problems if he takes out a rally.
The battle lines between Modi and Nitish have sharpened after JD(U) President Sharad Yadav said that Nitish will campaign against the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in Gujarat as there is no National Democratic Alliance (NDA) in the state.
Modi's yatra is being called the Vivekanand Yuva Vikas Yatra to mark the day Swami Vivekananda made a historic speech in Chicago 150 years ago. The yatra began with a rally from from Becharaji in Mehsana district and will cover 182 assembly constituencies.
Meanwhile, the BJP leader also announced many sops during his rally starting with an interest waiver on all loans taken by farmers before August 15.
Modi has also announced a 50 per cent rebate on electricity bills for farmers.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 3310 to be Launched Under Rs 5000: Here’s How it Will Look
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology