DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Modi popular, but party undecided on PM candidate: Rajnath Singh
"It will be decided by the party's central parliamentary board. But one cannot deny Modi's popularity," Singh said.
Kolkata: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Monday said that though Narendra Modi's popularity could not be denied, the party would decide if the Gujarat chief minister would be its prime ministerial candidate.
"It will be decided by the party's central parliamentary board. But one cannot deny his popularity," Singh said when reporters asked him whether Modi would be the face of the BJP in the Lok Sabha polls.
Singh rejected rumours that BJP leader LK Advani would no longer be a part of the core group of decision-making in the BJP.
"It is completely baseless that he (Advani) is not in the decision-making team. He is not only our senior leader but also a pioneer for the party. He will remain a torch-bearer for the BJP," he stated.
"One cannot forget his contribution to the BJP," he added.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand