Modi popular, but party undecided on PM candidate: Rajnath Singh
"It will be decided by the party's central parliamentary board. But one cannot deny Modi's popularity," Singh said.
Kolkata: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Monday said that though Narendra Modi's popularity could not be denied, the party would decide if the Gujarat chief minister would be its prime ministerial candidate.
"It will be decided by the party's central parliamentary board. But one cannot deny his popularity," Singh said when reporters asked him whether Modi would be the face of the BJP in the Lok Sabha polls.
Singh rejected rumours that BJP leader LK Advani would no longer be a part of the core group of decision-making in the BJP.
"It is completely baseless that he (Advani) is not in the decision-making team. He is not only our senior leader but also a pioneer for the party. He will remain a torch-bearer for the BJP," he stated.
"One cannot forget his contribution to the BJP," he added.
- Uran Terror Scare: Navi Mumbai Cops Call Off Search Operation
- Syrian, Russian Air Strikes Kill 25 Civilians in Syria, Says Human Rights Group
- Navy Calls off Search Operations in URAN; ATS, Police Continue the Hunt
- Police Release Sketch of Suspects Based on School Children's Description
- We Look Forward to DRS Introduction in Future: Virat Kohli
- Virat Kohli's India look to Wrap Series At Eden, Regain No.1 Spot
- Not Easy for Off-Colour Martin Guptill to be Aggressive in Subcontinent: Anil Kumble
- Cricket Association of Bengal Installs Bell at Eden Gardens Ahead of Second Test