Modi popular, but party undecided on PM candidate: Rajnath Singh
"It will be decided by the party's central parliamentary board. But one cannot deny Modi's popularity," Singh said.
Kolkata: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Monday said that though Narendra Modi's popularity could not be denied, the party would decide if the Gujarat chief minister would be its prime ministerial candidate.
"It will be decided by the party's central parliamentary board. But one cannot deny his popularity," Singh said when reporters asked him whether Modi would be the face of the BJP in the Lok Sabha polls.
Singh rejected rumours that BJP leader LK Advani would no longer be a part of the core group of decision-making in the BJP.
"It is completely baseless that he (Advani) is not in the decision-making team. He is not only our senior leader but also a pioneer for the party. He will remain a torch-bearer for the BJP," he stated.
"One cannot forget his contribution to the BJP," he added.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Aamir Khan's Latest TVC On Gender Equality Is Getting All The Praise It Deserves
- Oscars 2017: Moonlight Wins Big; Emma Stone, Casey Affleck Take Home Best Actors
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Can Virat Kohli and Team India Respond In the Face of Adversity?